Become a Member
Join PACS Today! Membership is open to persons interested in any aspect of computers including operating systems, software, and hardware.
You can join PACS for $10 per year which covers all family members residing together. That's a real bargain for all the computer help and education that PACS has to offer.
The PACS Forum requires you to be registered in order to post and to view member profiles. Viewing a profile allows you to see usernames and to email other members (which would in turn let the member see your email address). Forum posts are indexed by Google and other search engines. Your username will be set as your "firstname_lastname". A random, strong password will automatically be generated and emailed to you by the system. There is no additional cost to participate in the Forum. Please indicate your interest in participating in the Forum on the membership form or from the drop-down box when paying online.
The PACS Chat rooms use the same credentials as the Forum so you will have to be a Forum member in order to utilize the Chat area.
Membership in PACS offers many benefits:
- Admission to monthly (September through June) meetings
- Monthly (September through June) e-mailings with the meeting announcement, discounts, news and other local club meeting topics
- Access to a secure Forum where you can post questions and comments for other members
- Access to a secure Chat area where you can conduct online meetings with other members
- Open to all levels of skill and knowledge, from novice to expert
- More than a dozen interest groups that focus on specific areas, such as computer security, web design, databases, Macintosh, and more.
- Access to hundreds of members who share information and experience
- Access to a wide variety of information sources, help with your computer problems, and advice on computer related purchases
- Hands-on Technical Assistance
- Presentations by companies like Intel, Microsoft, and Apple, as well as experts in key topics, such as security, spam, wireless, and networking
- Wireless Internet connection, available to any one with their own computer
- On-site cafeteria
- Free parking
- Valuable prizes and give-aways
How to Join or Renew
- In person: Stop by the PACS Membership Desk at the next meeting and sign up, using cash or check. Note that we can't take credit cards at meetings. You can fill out and bring this membership form ahead of time if you wish.
- By mail: Print out a membership application and mail the completed application with your check or money order for $10 to: Philadelphia Area Computer Society, Box 217, Abington, PA 19001-0217.
- Online: Pay your dues now with your credit card, checking account, or PayPal account. We'll get your address and email information (but not your financial info) from PayPal. Please include a telephone number below.
Pay your dues online with a credit card or your PayPal account here:
Want to check it out first? You can visit for a day at no cost! Just print the Guest Pass (see link under Meetings) and bring it to the next meeting. If you like what you find - and we think you will - just come to the Membership Desk and sign up!